Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pattern For My Beanie


As requested this is the pattern for the white beanie I made.

Worsted weight yarn of your choice. US size 8 16" circs or DPNs.

Cast on 88 stitches and join.

Round 1. P round.

Round 2. K round.

Rounds 3 & 4. Repeat 1 & 2.

Round 5. *K1, YO, SSK* repeat around,

Repeat rounds 1-5 until length is approx 3 inches (or desired length). End with Round 2.


For top of hat. When decreases too small for circ switch to DPNs, Magic Loop, or two circs as preferred.

1. *SSK. K9* repeat around.
2. *SSK, K8* repeat around
3. *SSK, K7* repeat around

Repeat decreases, 8 decreases per round( SSK, K6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) until you have 8 stitches remaining. Cut 12" tail and thread through remaining 8 stitches, thread tail to inside of hat and pull to close stitches tight. Weave tail.

4 comments:

Kath said...

Thanks! And for what it's worth, I wouldn't call it "simplistic", I'd call it "easy" - which is a good thing. One, because they can be done by the widest variety of knitters. Two, because they seem (to me anyway) to be most likely to lend themselves to variation. That last bit is incredibly important (again to me) because I seldom can get my hands on the exact yarn that the designer used, and often need to improvise a little.

So don't knock it - be proud of what you create! And yes, if you haven't already, add the finished object to your ravelry notebook and share it with the Hats Hats Hats group!

Knitting Guy said...

Thanks.

Poohknits said...

That is the cutest thing. I think that will be my first hat!

Knitting Guy said...

Thanks, I hope you like it. It's a pretty quick and easy knit.