Friday, March 21, 2008

Vest Is Coming Along

So far so good on the alpaca vest. Right now it's just a lot of stockinette stitch in the round, but it's starting to actually look like something LOL. Still several inches to go before I reach the point where I need to work it flat for the arm holes and the V in the front.

I'll do the back up to the shoulders, and then do the front up to the shoulders and then connect the shoulders with a three needle bind off so that there is no seam at the shoulder. But as I mentioned, I have a ways to go yet before I need to worry about that. For now it's just several more inches of stockinette.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the three needle bind off, looks very neat when it's done.

Knitting Guy said...

Yeah I'm hoping it'll work well for the shoulders.

Sherlda said...

Mason,

Are you knitting your vest from a pattern?

Knitting Guy said...

Well, I started it following a pattern but then decided to just knit it in the round and wing it.

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

Just wanted you to know.. that I did send a box of yarn/needles to that guy you told us about. He should be getting the box any day now.

Knitting Guy said...

That's great. I'm sure he appreciates it.

Anonymous said...

Any chance of a picture of the vest being posted here or at the truck site? What are your colors?

judy

Knitting Guy said...

It's a charcoal gray color. I plan to post pics once it's completed but have run into a snag. It's not quite half way finished and I can tell I'm not going to have enough yarn to complete it.

I'll have to try and find some more of the sport weight alpaca in the same color which may or may not be easy to do.

Worse case I'll frog it and make a nice hat and scarf combo out of it. LOL